During the Semester 2 exam period all the Business School exams will be 24-hour take-home exam papers. They will be released at either 9:30 or 14:00 (UK time) in Canvas. Please check your exam timetable here
The Module Leader will be available to answer queries within the first hour of the exam. They will reply to all queries as a Canvas announcement. Although the exam window is 24 hours long we do not expect you to spend the full 24 hours on the exam. Each exam paper will include an indicative length of time that we feel is appropriate to complete the exam. Most exams will also have a maximum word count indicated as well.
Module Leaders will post the exam cover sheet for each exam to the Canvas site prior to the exam period and we would recommend that you review these cover sheets in advance of the exam so you are familiar with the format and indicative length of the exam.
Assessment guidance for students is available, including how to submit an assignment and advice about accepted file types and file size.
Key things to remember:
- To ensure browser compatibility with Canvas for downloading and uploading exams we recommend using Google Chrome
- You are not expected to, and it is not advisable to, work on this assessment constantly for the 24-hour period. The assessment has been designed to be worked on for a much shorter period of time in line with the length of a standard exam sitting. If you have an SSP they don’t get any additional time on top of the 24 hours.
- When answering the exam you should observe normal exam conditions and must not communicate/collude with fellow students, family, friends or others whilst taking the paper. The work that you submit must be your own work.
- Your submission will be submitted to the Turnitin similarity checker as a check on plagiarism.
- Should you encounter IT difficulties that significantly affect your ability to complete this exam or when uploading your answer(s) you may submit a PEC detailing these.
- University IT support is available 24/7. If you have any issues accessing your assessment or University IT systems you can contact IT support on +44 (0)191 208 5999 at any time, or by email at email@example.com (monitored 08:00-17:00 GMT+1hr, Monday to Friday)
- Please note that if you are ill or unable to complete the exam for any reason your only option is to request a deferral (usually until August) of the exam. If you request a deferral and it is accepted, your progress on the programme may be delayed. We cannot allow requests for extensions for take home exams.