Support over Christmas
The Students’ Union will be running virtual events over the festive period for students to participate in. You can find out more at https://www.nusu.co.uk/whatson/events/. The university is currently planning the support for students who are not travelling home during the Christmas break, and further information will be added to the university FAQs.
Over the winter closure period students can still receive support for health and wellbeing. The Student Health and Wellbeing Service provide a number of online options which are available 24/7. These include:
- Talk Campus (mental health and peer support)
- Silvercloud (online CBT programmes)
- iNCLude app (ideas and support to maintain good wellbeing)
In addition, students needing support over the winter break are invited to email email@example.com.
Our mission is to continually develop our service to meet and exceed customer expectations and contribute to the success of the University through the provision of timely, consistently high quality and professional IT support at every customer contact, underpinning the University’s strategic plan.
We achieve this through:
- Delivering a proactive, knowledgeable and reliable service at first point of contact, offering advice and support for centrally provided IT services
- Offering a variety of contact methods to suit our customers’ needs, including telephone, email, self-service and in person
- Supporting and developing our staff to ensure we deliver an excellent quality service
- Working with stakeholders to understand the needs of our customers
- Continually developing and improving our services and processes
- Taking positive action to maintain a high level of customer satisfaction
You can download a range of software available to students, including:
Microsoft Office 365 Pro Plus (Free)
Microsoft Office 365 Pro Plus is available free of charge to students as part of Microsoft’s Student Benefit programme. Further details on our Office 365 Pro Plus page.
Students, educators, and academic institutions worldwide have free* access to Autodesk software—the same tools used by millions in industry today.
Endnote is available free of charge – please complete the application form.
Information regarding Login Gateway
Some website and service login pages will take you to the Login Gateway. Here you should enter your user ID in the format b1234567/c3456789 (there’s no need to add @newcastle.ac.uk on the end). The password will be the same one you use to access your University email, Canvas, etc.
Remember, if you register for the Self Service Password service you can reset your own password at any time if you forget it without needing to contact us – more information is available here.