Komatsu is an international leader in the field of construction and mining equipment, the Company headquarters are in Tokyo and we employ around 60,000 people worldwide. Komatsu UK Ltd, based in Birtley, County Durham, close to Gateshead, employs around 450 people engaged in the design and manufacture of medium-sized hydraulic excavators.
We have an exciting opportunity for a 12 month industrial placement in our HR team. We would like the successful candidate to start in August or September 2021.
About the role:
We are looking for a dynamic undergraduate who can join the HR team to support projects and processes across the next 12 months. You will be involved in recruitment processes for a variety of roles, support learning and development activity as well as participating in a number of HR projects.
You will have the opportunity to learn about how the HR function contributes to the wider business, get practical experience working in a busy HR department as well as having valuable input into critical projects.
What are we looking for?
You will be a self-motivated undergraduate (any discipline) looking for an industrial placement as part of your University experience. The successful candidate will:
- Be proactive and keen to learn;
- Have an interest in the Human Resources function of a business;
- Have excellent attention to detail;
- Have good excel and/or data analysis skills;
- Be able to operate within an environment that requires confidentiality.
- Annual salary of £17,500
- 26 days annual leave
- Access to Company Gym
- Better Health at Work Programme
- Active Sports and Social Club with charity fundraising opportunities