Come along to this interactive online workshop in collaboration with Timberlake Consultants Ltd, where you will gain insight into one of the most commonly used statistical software packages, Stata.
When: Wednesday 4 May
Time: 14:00 – 17:00
Where: Online / NUBS 4.03
Stata enables users to analyse, manage, and produce graphical visualizations of data. Researchers and other professionals across the finance, marketing, economics and business sectors rely on Stata because of its breadth, accuracy, extensibility, and reproducibility. With so many professionals using this software, gaining the skills needed to master it could greatly enhance your CV and employability prospects!
In this online workshop, you will learn:
- An overview of Stata’s statistical, graphical and data management capabilities
- An introduction to the Stata working environment
- 2 ways of working in Stata: Graphical User Interface and do-files
- The working directory
- Stata’s command syntax
- Importing data from Excel
- Loading/saving data
- Getting to know your data
- Data manipulation
- Generating new variables
- Saving results in a log file
All course notes, datasets and Stata .do files will be provided electronically prior to the course, however you will need access to a spreadsheet application such as Microsoft Excel.