Head of Higher Education Intelligence for Prospects and all round expert, Charlie Ball has kicked off the discussion with the insights into hiring and the ongoing impact of the COVID-19 pandemic:
- Whilst it’s difficult to predict, there is hope that the market for graduate hiring should improve in the second half of 2021 with sustained recovery in 2022.
- SME’s (small to medium sized enterprises) are likely to show signs of recovery the quickest due to their ability to pivot in terms of strategy and hiring needs.
- There are still areas of high demand in graduate hiring including; health and social care, engineering, teaching and IT.
- Virtual recruitment processes have been reported to have performed well and are likely to be a feature of hiring going forwards.
- Working from Home has also been deemed a success, with sustained productivity across a range of sectors and organisations looking at investing in ways to manage employee wellbeing as a result.