Get Bloomberg Certified: Starting from Wednesday 26 January 2022
Bloomberg Market Concepts (BMC) is a self-paced e-learning course that provides an interactive introduction to the financial markets. Bloomberg terminals are used at major financial firms, so this certificate can help you boost your job prospects and give you an understanding of what it’s like to work in a real business setting.
The course takes approximately eight hours to complete and consists of four mandatory modules:
- Economic Indicators – discover the regiment upon which economic indicators are published and analysed
- Currencies – explore the history and mechanism of current markets
- Fixed Income – discover the bond market and all its unique complexities
- Equities – explore the nature and allure of equity ownership
Learn more by taking any of the following voluntary modules:
- Terminal Basics: fundamentals of navigating the Bloomberg Terminal
- Commodities: get to know the players and how they trade, with focus on oil trade
- Equity Options: learn more about the stock options market
- Portfolio Management: learn about the role of a portfolio manager
As a Newcastle University Business School student, you can take this certification to further your knowledge and understanding. This is open to all Business School students with an interest in this area, regardless of the course you study.
Sessions will run every Wednesday 1pm – 3pm in the Bloomberg Lab (NUBS 4.03)
With dedicated Accounting and Finance PhD students on hand, who are Bloomberg experts, you can get regular peer to peer support, improving your accessibility to the Bloomberg Terminals during these sessions. You’re encouraged to bring any difficulties you’re facing regarding Bloomberg with you to these weekly tutorials, to work through them, and find a solution.
Increase your confidence in using Bloomberg alone, while gaining practical knowledge and adding value to your CV.
Bloomberg Trading Challenge
During the weekly Wednesday drop-in sessions, take part in the Bloomberg Trading Challenge with your chosen trading team (1 – 3 per team).
Why should you take part?
- experience simulations that reflect actual market conditions
- make investment decisions using real data
- prepare yourself for the competitive workplace
- win prizes of £300, £200 and £100!
How to join
- Applications open from 26 January – 4 February
- Attend the drop-in session on Wednesday 26 January to learn about Bloomberg and the competition
- Create your trading team and identify a team leader
- Trading competition starts on Monday 7 February and will last for 8 weeks