Unilever – Supply Chain Placement Opportunities
The Deodorants Category within Unilever at their Leeds site and are offering 3 Industrial Placements. They operate separately to the Unilever Central Scheme that is based in the Head Office as the placements are related to the specific needs of the Deodorant Category.
Location: Seacroft, Leeds, West Yorkshire
Salary: £16,000 (Approximately)
Start Date: June 2018 – 12 Month Placement
Candidates must be available for an initial video interview in mid-December 2017 and an Assessment Centre in January 2018.
Every day, 2.5 billion people use Unilever products to feel good, look good and get more out of life. Our 400 brands are trusted in all 190 countries we sell to and therefore we have grown into one of the world’s most successful consumer goods companies.
Unilever is the biggest player in the global deodorant market with brands such as Dove, Sure, Lynx and Impulse. Growth through innovation is at the heart of Unilever’s deodorant strategy and supply chain is key to delivering this.
Supply Chain at Unilever
“Our supply chain is ranked No.1 in Gartner’s ‘2017 Supply Chain Top 25’ and needs to be the most responsive and resilient in the industry to remain competitive. We are the beating heart of Unilever, playing a vital role in getting our goods across the world. From sourcing raw materials to delivering the end products and every stage in between; an effective supply chain is crucial to our success.
With Unilever, you will see how a global supply chain operates with exposure to the entire scope of the process. Its complexity presents many challenges and opportunities to Unilever which need to be successfully managed.”
- The ability to work independently and as part of a team effectively
- A desire to influence and make a change to the business
- The ability to be pro-active and use your initiative
- Time management and organisational skills
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills
Your application automatically covers all three positions, you do not need to state a specific
position in your application. Any Role offer will be made based on your suitability and personal
preferences as a result of the assessment centre.
- Be a decision maker with global impact – you will directly affect our supply chain
- Dive into global information to identify key brand and geographical growth areas
- Evaluate the internal and external opportunities and threats to deodorant production and identify
potential hotspots for investment
- Be regularly exposed to and work with multiple countries – experience cultural and consumer
differences and their impacts on Unilever
- Collate and analyse information for your team to be able to make decisions for supply chain
- Experience how deodorants at Unilever are affected by changes to the current business
European Innovation Planner
- Plan, create and monitor activities within multiple innovation projects for Europe and track progress
of other departments
- Ensure project launches are delivered on time
- Regularly communicate with different business functions from across Europe including Marketing,
R&D and factory teams
- Chair international team and project meetings
- Support the European Innovation Planning team by collating and checking information
Global Innovation Planner
- Work within the Global Innovation Supply Chain team and with Unilever colleagues around the world
in-order to provide and manage an overview of deodorant innovation projects
- Assess supply chain resource requirements for current and upcoming projects globally
- Support the supply chain team to design an efficient supply chain in an ever-changing world through
analysing project data, providing relevant information to planners and managing tracking systems
- Play an active supply chain role in project teams to ensure Unilever’s supply chain strategy is in line
with global project requirements
To apply: Please send your CV, cover letter and a paragraph (max 250 words) about your greatest achievement outside of academia to firstname.lastname@example.org
Application Deadline: 17 November 2017