HR/Talent Intern – Nike
- 12 Month Fixed Contract from July 2018 – July 2019
- Paid Vacancy (£18,000 gross p.a.)
- London-Based (Soho)
The internship is for candidates that are on their placement year in University/or they have a year in industry as part of their course.
Based in Nike’s London office you will work as part of the UK/Ireland HR team, performing a wide variety of tasks that support key business objectives. You will gain a broad range of commercial experience across key HR verticals (Talent Acquisition, Organisational Planning, Employee Relations), while also partnering with a number of different business functions (Marketing, Sales, Retail, HR) in both the UK and EMEA.
This is an exciting opportunity for candidates who are excited by the prospect of gaining exposure to the full spectrum of Nike’s commercial operations within the UK. This role will play in pivotal part in the attraction, onboarding, development and deployment of Nike’s greatest asset – it’s people.
- Provide support to the UK TA Manager on a range of recruitment duties – from managing internal moves, to writing adverts, sourcing candidates and managing the recruitment process
- Take part in a range of projects that help drive the TA Strategy within London, ensuring that Nike finds, connects and attracts the city’s top talent
- Develop a strong understanding of the Nike business – the key functions, roles and skills within it, and build relationships with key business leaders and stakeholders. Support them in securing top talent for their teams in a timely, efficient manner
- Take ownership of the UK Intern programme across both Nike and Converse – from attraction, to selection, to onboarding
- Work with University Relations team in Europe and partner with UK universities to ensure visibility of programme and access to top talent
- Set up and support assessment centres and provide new, innovative ideas to elevate the programme year on year
- Partner with UK HR and Talent Managers across both wholesale and retail, and teams in Europe, to ensure the UK Org is set up for success
- Ensure people moves and processes are executed efficiently and assist with onboarding new starters in the London office
- Support our HR Retail Managers on key projects including Talent Development, Store Openings and Store Closures
- Partner with the HR Intern in our Doxford office on a range of projects across Employee Engagement, Employee Relations and Talent Development
- Currently undertaking an undergraduate degree at a UK University is a pre-requisite.
- This placement would suit candidates studying degrees within Management/Business/HR – however we are very open to candidates from other fields with the appetite to learn more about the inner workings of global Brand
- Good commercial awareness
- Proven track record of success throughout Education to date
- Strong administration skills able to prioritise multiple tasks with an eye for detail.
- Strong inter-personal skills with excellent verbal and written communication
- Professional and hard-working but with an ability to do so whilst fitting into the Nike “relaxed”/friendly culture
- Technical skills – strong working knowledge of Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- Strong organisational and planning skills
- A team player with the ability to form sound relationships with both external and internal contacts
- Self-starter & ability to work independently
- Integrity, able to work in confidential environment handling sensitive information
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates should submit a C.V. via our recruitment website no later than the closing date of (Friday 11th May 2018).
Suitable candidates will be contacted by no later than (25th May 2018). If you are not contacted by this date I’m afraid your application hasn’t been successful.