Finance Placement – Canon
Closing date: 23 March 2018
Assessment Centre: 16 April 2018
Start of Placement: June 2018
Salary: 15,000 + 5% Bonus – 12 month contract
Location: Reigate, Surrey
Job Purpose and Summary
This role is suitable for an under graduate student who wishes to work within a Finance team to prepare the monthly accounts and analysis.
Responsibilities and Tasks
The role gives you an excellent opportunity to use your accounting and analytical skills in the production of the annual budget and monthly management accounts and the opportunity to present them to the Directors:
- Preparation of annual and revised budgets and forecasts
- Preparation and presentation of the monthly management accounts
- Analysis of actual results against latest budget on a monthly basis
- Identification of ways to improve profitability
- Production of monthly balance sheet reconciliations in accordance with US GAAP and Canon Europe accounting policy
- Assist in the statutory audit of the legal entities
- Assist in the production of annual published accounts in accordance with FRS 101
- Preparation and posting of month end manual journal entries
Being part of a team you will have involvement in finance and other related improvement projects as required.
Required Skills and Qualifications
Being fluent in English, both written and spoken, you will already be working towards gaining a degree in Accountancy/Finance. A similar degree such as Business Administration would also be acceptable.
You will be competent in using Microsoft, Word, Excel and Outlook. PowerPoint and Access knowledge is desired but can be trained.
We are looking for a pro-active individual able to engage themselves with the activities of the department. The individual should have excellent communication skills and be confident to be able to distribute financial information to the business.
As a competent individual who has a passion for accuracy and effectiveness, you will be self-sufficient and have the ability to take ownership and use your own initiative. You will be reliable, strive to meet deadlines and have the ability to analyse and solve problems.
You will be a personable and flexible team player within a multicultural environment with the ability to plan and organise your workload effectively.
Self-Development is important at Canon and you will be encouraged to take further training to develop the skills you may need to become successful in the role with the support and guidance of your Team Leader.
Key Benefits 25 days holiday Free Car Parking Company Pension Scheme Life Cover for those in the Pension Scheme
25 days holiday
Free Car Parking
Company Pension Scheme
Life Cover for those in the Pension Scheme