Real Assets Internship – LGIM
- LGIM Real Assets is seeking to recruit five interns for a 10-week placement over Summer 2018. Four positions are within the Private Credit team and one is within the Real Assets Research team
- Develop an understanding of LGIM’s investment platform and the products it offers to clients
- Assist the investment team in origination, analysis, execution and management of debt investment opportunities across Infrastructure, Corporates and Real Estate
- Gain exposure to how we approach credit analysis by working alongside our internal credit team
- Understand how we manage our client relationships and communicate transaction recommendations
- Contribute to the ongoing management of existing LGIM assets within the Private Credit portfolio
Real Assets Research
- Become familiar with the research function; its methodologies, objectives and outputs
- Assist the Real Assets Research team in producing original research and insight into the commercial and alternative property sectors
- Develop an understanding of the infrastructure sector and LGIM’s exposure to the market
10 weeks during Summer 2018
2×5 week rotations across Infrastructure, Real Estate, Corporate Debt or Portfolio Management,
1 x 10 weeks within Real Assets Research
- Perform initial reviews and provide feedback on potential investment opportunities
- Assist in the completion of due diligence (financial, commercial, technical, legal)
- Prepare investment proposals for transactions to be reviewed at internal committees
- Support marketing efforts to enhance the LGIM Private Credit brand within the debt market
- Develop relationships with key stakeholders internally, such as the credit team and internal client
- Aid the team in the management of existing LGIM assets within the Private Credit portfolio
Real Assets Research
- Scope, manage and deliver a research project on the higher education sector
- Communicate key findings / implications back to Real Assets and other stakeholders
- Work with key members of the Real Assets platform analysing trends in the retail market
- Assist in production of weekly Real Assets briefing note on economic and sector news
- Aid the Research team with providing strategic support / insight for the Real Assets platform
- Develop relationships with key internal stakeholders, such as fund and asset managers
Likely to be educated to degree level or on course to graduate with a good degree. Applicants will be assessed on the basis of their ability to:
- Demonstrate a strong interest in current affairs, business and the economy
- Work with a team-orientated and collegiate focus
- Communicate clearly and concisely
- Analytical and spreadsheet manipulation skills
- Apply problem solving skills to challenging issues
Please submit your CV and a covering letter to https://apply.lgim.com/vacancies/9398/intern_real_assets by 23rd May 2018 answering the following questions:
- What is it that interests you about a potential career in [finance / investment management]?
- What is it that you intend to achieve from a summer internship working for LGIM?
- Please describe a project where you have to use a range of skills to deliver on the objectives. What did you enjoy and what was your biggest learning outcome?
- Tell us about a recent financial / political news story that you found interesting and why? How do you think this story might impact LGIM’s business?
Following a review of your CV and covering letter by the Real Assets team, selected applicants will be invited to attend an assessment day on Friday 1st June at the Legal & General Investment Management offices in London. This is a paid 10 week internship with a start date of Monday 9th July.