Media and Communications Internship – Success4All
Duration: 100 hours over term time 2017-18
Location: Newcastle Upon Tyne
Success4All provides safe and relaxed learning spaces for children and young people living in areas marked by low academic achievement with free to low-cost access to the internet, a volunteer tutor, learning resources and clubs. We can do this because we engage the intellect and skills of young people and give them accredited training to become tutors/befrienders and club leaders. We are an approved provider of the Mentoring & Befriending Foundation, a recognised training centre for the AQA and have the Quality Mark in Study Support and Extended Services (QISS). OFSTED-registered. Established since 2006.
As a Media & Communications Assistant your role would be to contribute to and improve our online communication (personal relations, advertising, marketing). Examples of activities the role will include:
– Attending Success4All events and activities and following up with a tweet, Facebook post or a blog to put on the website and send to relevant stakeholders;
– sending weekly tweets and weekly Facebook posts;
– taking advantage of the opportunity to raise funds by organising your own event, a social media campaign or through online fundraising websites;
– opportunity to work with a personal Google for non-profit manager to raise our profile on this platform;
– assistance with putting together Success4All’s termly e-newsletter.
1. To raise Facebook and Twitter following by 15%;
2. to increase the capturing of success stories from our beneficiaries (children, young people, parents, volunteers) to 3 per week;
3. to increase our profile among other third sector organisations and funders through networking and social media.
Person Requirements: -Empathy for our cause, i.e. fighting inequalities in education;
-eye for capturing beautiful moments on camera;
-excellent written communication skills;
-eye for detail;
-ability to put together a beautiful story;
-great interpersonal skills and cultural intelligence;
-ability to learn new skills quickly and take initiative;
-sensibility and sense of responsibility in representing us at events.
Visit Vacancies Online for more details