Economics Internship – Ceres Energy
Application closing date: 20 June 2018
Duration: 10 weeks full time between June and September
Location: Hexham, Northumberland
We are a fully licensed UK gas shipper and supplier, with extensive experience in the gas market. We provide gas trading and operational management tailored to producers at any scale, linking upstream supply to downstream end users. Our gas trading team has an in-depth knowledge of gas supply and is bringing new entrants into the gas market. We currently manage, as an increasing part of our business, a wide portfolio of renewable biogas for transport companies across the UK, securing and supplying gas from farmers’ fields to offtake nozzle. Ceres Energy has been fully engaged with market participants from the outset of this rapidly developing market.
We are offering a 10-week summer internship to an individual with good numeracy and analytic skills, preferably with a background in economics. The interns will work as a team on key projects for the company. Project work is varied, and typical requests will involve supporting the preparation of client focused presentation material; researching, collating and presenting data in a variety of formats and undertaking dataroom due diligence. Interns will also be exposed to researching, capturing, distilling and presenting data from the upstream gas market including transaction data, competitor analysis, industry updates and client intelligence. There may also be an opportunity to support upstream advisory business development including the research necessary for the preparation of proposals and pitch packs.
– Real-life business experience;
– Opportunity to work with experts in the gas industry;
– Relevant experience to add to your CV;
– Extension of your business network;
– Potential contacts who can help you get future jobs or cooperation on projects.
The candidate must have a good, strong degree qualification and the following skills are essential:
• Highly numerate and capable of distilling and presenting key information from numerous data sets;
• Capable of using initiative;
• Good communication skills;
• Competent at desktop research with the necessary skills to question and evaluate information;
• Competent in the use of Microsoft packages including Word, PowerPoint and Excel;
• Database usage skills (desirable);
• Advanced Excel skills (desirable).
• An interest in the energy sector;
• Organised individual who pays attention to detail and is thorough in their work approach;
• Ability to work within a team environment as well as the capability to work individually;
• Good time keeping with the tenacity to complete assigned tasks within a designated timeframe;
• Desire to learn quickly from experienced, successful industry professionals.
To apply: Email your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org