Deloitte – Risk Advisory Summer Internship
Application Deadline: 31 May 2018
Location: Edinburgh and Northern Island
An internship at Deloitte is a fantastic way to get up close to the world of business, find out what excites and inspires you, and where it could take you. As well as vital work experience, over the three to six weeks you could have a graduate job offer in your pocket before you even finish university.
The commercial world is constantly changing. Our clients face new regulations, shifting legislation and fluctuating economic and financial risk. Every day. It’s our role not only to help them mitigate and manage this, but to succeed despite it too, making informed and intelligent decisions based on our analyses to maximise commercial opportunities.
You’ll be working alongside the market leaders in risk advisory and consulting, not just following legislation and the market, but delivering effective solutions that are easy to understand and even easier to action.
- Compliance and Operations Risk: A broad remit will see you working on a range of risk-related projects, from target operating model (TOM) design to governance framework reviews. Ultimately it’s about making sure our clients are both competitive and compliant.
- Extended Enterprise Risk Management (EERM): You’ll help our clients get the most from their third party relationships, from customers and suppliers, to distributors, licensees and franchisees. Making sure they can maintain brand integrity and boost revenue. Read more from our client site.
- Financial Risk Measurement: This is all about quantifying risk, whether it’s from credit, the market, liquidity or operational. You’ll help clients understand and root out the best strategies, making sure they’re competitive and operate within ever-changing regulations.
- Managed Solutions: You’ll advise clients on ways to streamline operations and manage risk, as well as helping them make strategic decisions and plan for future growth.
- Public Sector: You’ll help deliver large-scale, complex transformation programmes, designed to future proof public services. It’s vital work, with a broad remit, that involves senior-level collaboration, innovative delivery models and digital transformation, as well as leadership and talent development.
- Risk Analytics: Storing and using data presents complex, challenging issues for our clients. When you’re part of the largest Risk Analytics practice in the UK, it’s all in a day’s work.
- Risk and Capital Management: A chance to work directly with clients in many different areas of risk and regulation. Projects range from implementing large-scale risk management frameworks to developing strategic legal restructuring programmes.
- Regester Larkin Deloitte: You’ll support clients through the intense scrutiny and pressure of a crisis. Whether it’s a cyber attack, natural disaster, product failure, or other challenging issue, you’ll be there to advise senior leaders. Through crisis management and other techniques, you’ll help them minimise the impact on their reputation, strategy, commercial interests and bottom line.
- Strategic Regulatory and Operational Risk: You can expect a varied and vital career in this team, working with all kinds of high-profile clients. You might be helping a business become more sustainable or better equipped with technology, giving advice on a specific compliance project, or guiding a client’s approach to financial controls.
- Technology Risks & Controls: You’ll help all kinds of financial services organisations manage risk. From auditing their IT processes to transforming their ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning).
For full information, visit the website.