Creative Fuse Communications Assistant, Newcastle University
This internship is being offered as a casual work opportunity by the School of Arts and Cultures at Newcastle University and is being facilitated by the Careers Service.
This internship is for a minimum of 15 hours per week to be worked on a flexible basis between August and the end of October 2018.
This role will support the core team of Creative Fuse North East (http://www.creativefusene.org.uk/) based in the School of Arts and Cultures at the Culture Lab. This is a collaborative project, led by Professor Eric Cross, between the five North East universities (Newcastle, Northumbria, Sunderland, Durham and Teesside). The aim is to promote innovation, collaboration and growth in the Creative, Digital and IT sector.
You will provide communications support across the project in particular:
• Maintaining/updating the established social media channels (twitter, Facebook and Instagram)
• Contributing to and editing the e-newsletters,
• Providing and updating web copy as needed.
• Working autonomously to make decisions regarding content, with attention to audience.
You will be expected to work autonomously and make decisions regarding content and styling of communications. It will be important for you to stay up to date with relevant developments and events in the local creative, cultural and digital business community and beyond.
Closing Date: 29/07/2018
Location: Newcastle upon Tyne
Salary: Level 3: £8.82 per hour, plus £1.06p per hour holiday pay (£9.88/hour in total)
Person Requirements: To be eligible to apply you must have been a registered Newcastle University undergraduate or postgraduate student throughout the 2017/18 academic year.
The ideal candidate would display the following qualities:
• An interest in the Cultural, Creative, Digital and IT sector
• Experience of using social media in a professional or academic setting.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Ability to manage time and resources by prioritising and organising effectively
• Experience in sourcing and collating information
• Some experience of web content management systems (WordPress)
• Some experience of creating e-newsletters (via MailChimp)
Degree Discipline: Any degree discipline